Well, it’s Spring. Time for Spring Cleaning. We all think about cleaning out our closets and clearing the clutter in our homes when it’s Spring. But what about the vessel that houses our soul? It’s time to Spring Clean your body! No matter who you are, where you live, or how you live, your body is exposed to toxins everyday.
Take some time this week to assist your body with eliminating some of the “clutter” that it has collected through the winter, and do a little detoxification program. Below are some things you can easily do for 1 to 2 weeks to help cleanse your body in time for spring. All of these things will also help you create that perfect swimsuit body just in time for summer! Commit to at least 1 week of at least 1 item listed below. If you want to go longer, by all means do! The longer the healthier!
- Drink 8 Glasses of water or herbal tea per day. Actually keep a tally. This is one of the most effective ways to give your body a boost!
- Change your diet. Focus on eating only fiber rich foods. Great sources of fiber include oatmeal, flax (super grain!), apples, oranges, pears, strawberries, blueberries, whole wheat, whole whole grains (brown rice), nuts, celery, carrots, broccoli, green, leafy vegetables (lettuce, kale), grapes, cucumbers, tomatoes, lentils. OK, so more fruits and vegetables and whole grains! Eat smaller portions of meat and dairy.
- Omit sugar from your diet. (It’s only 1 week!)
- Omit Alcohol. (I know, I know. Food tastes better with wine! It’s just a week…give your liver a break!)
- Quit smoking. OK, this one needs to go on for the rest of your life, but start with committing to a week. Allen Carr’s Easyway to Stop Smoking can do the trick!
- Eliminate deep fried foods completely.
- Try an herbal detox program that can be purchased from your local health food store. These kits assist with the elimination and cleaning of the most important home you have… your body! Ask the staff to recommend one based on the results you want.
- Do 20 minutes of yoga everyday. Simple yoga poses effectively help to eliminate toxins and keep you calm, focused and flexible. Be sure to drink lots of water afterwards.
- Get a massage! Massages also help to release toxins from their long term storage bins. Again, drink tonnes of water to help eliminate them so they are not reabsorbed. Perhaps a massage swap with someone close to you? Ooooh, detoxing can be amusing also!
Please note that you may experience flu like symptoms, like headaches and a decrease in energy for the first few days of any “detox” program. This is a result of a large amount of toxins being released into your body. Be sure to eat tonnes of fiber and drink lots of water to help eliminate those toxins and avoid them being reabsorbed back into the body. I was recently looking for a fiber rich cereal when I noticed one called ‘Holy Crap‘. I had seen it on Dragon’s Den and was excited to see it on the shelves of my grocery store! I bought it and it tastes fantastic. Does it live up to it’s name? I am on day 1, so I’ll let you know! Enjoy your week or 2 of spring cleaning. Namaste.
You work hard. You need to take the time to relax and unwind. Treating yourself to this time will help you create your amazing future even faster!
It is easy to just go, go, go, and then just keep going! If you’re not doing, you’re not achieving, right? Wrong. You have got to take a breather once in a while and get your strength back, and keep your focus on track. Today, take a 20 minute break from “doing”, and focus on “thinking”.
Here are a few ways that you can restore yourself and regain your mental focus.
- Take a long bath or a shower, by yourself.
- Lock yourself in your bedroom and just sit on the bed quietly. Bring your journal, just in case.
- Do yoga.
- Do a small meditation and focus only on your breathing. Concentrate on visualize what you want for yourself.
- Go out to the garden, or in your yard, and sit for 20 minutes without doing any work. Just enjoy what you have created.
- Sit on your porch and do nothing but enjoy everything around you. You may also choose to sit on your couch if you live in Calgary, and it is still freezing in May!
- Get up 20 minutes earlier than normal and just sit and have a coffee or tea before anyone else gets up. Enjoy the quiet and the lack of doing. Look out your windows and notice what is happening around you. You may just see a sunrise, some wildlife, or another thing that makes you wonder about your neighbor.
Start treating yourself to 20 minutes of “no do” time every week. Remind yourself that taking this 20 minutes is a huge part of creating your success. You will connect with yourself in ways that you have forgotten, and you will begin creating your future faster. Find true happiness in treating yourself each week. Make it important and do not justify it to anyone. If you are going to pick one thing to do to change your life, this has to be it. Find 20 minutes each week and start expanding yourself. Experience the joy of being with you, for you. Namaste.
This morning I awoke to a familiar song, “Ruby Tuesday” by the Rolling Stones. Here is the small, inspiring quote that caught me this morning.
Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind…
You have got to be able to see where you want to go, otherwise you will feel like you have no direction. Lack of direction results in a lack of motivation, which will keep you exactly where you are right now. If you see your dreams and focus on them all the time, no matter how huge they are, you will be motivated to take action. Take baby steps every day towards your dreams and you will get you there.
Have a beautiful day.
Look deep inside yourself and figure out what you love to do. Then find ways to do more of what you love. Make career choices based on your passion, and do not worry about the money. If you chase your passion, all the money you need will follow… and you will feel amazing. Often we choose to do things because of the resulting monetary rewards, not because we enjoy the activity. Remember that there is more to life than money, and you will be able to create more of everything you want if you are excited about what you are doing with your time. Joy, and money, can be found in loving what you do.
You have full control, and you can be doing what you love today! Trust the Universe. And trust in your own abilities. You’ve got skills to pay the bills, but it’s your passion that will make you millions. Namaste.
A thought on positive thinking about work.
The Seven Dwarfs always seemed happy (except for Grumpy, of course), so what was their secret? Was it because they were mining diamonds all day? Perhaps. But I think it was because they chose to whistle while they worked!
So today, no matter what you do with your time, “whistle while you work”. And if you can’t whistle, add some music to your day somehow.
Enjoy your Monday!
I am required to volunteer once a month at my daughters preschool, which I love. If I cannot do my scheduled shift, it is my responsibility to find someone to switch with me. Recently, I needed to swap a shift in February. I have a class list at home, but I was pressed for time and wanted to take some action right away. There is a communication book that the parents write in if they need to communicate with the teachers, so I thought I would just write it in there and hope that one of the moms would be able to cover it off, and that they would chance to look at the book (most of us only ever look at it if need to write something in it, never otherwise).
A few days later, one of the moms came up to me and said, “Hey. I was wondering if you would be able to swap volunteer days with me…I am not able to make it on my scheduled day”.
She had not even seen the note in the book, and she did not know that I was looking for someone to swap with also. Ha ha! Thank you Universe!
We ended up swapping out days, and both of us walked away happy and knowing that a piece of our lives had just been handled. Oh yeah.
And all I had to do was write it down. I put it out there to the Universe, and then just went with the flow.
Start questioning the cooincidences that happen in your life, and try to track what you did to make that happen. When things work, keep doing them. You are in control. Namaste.
Tom Petty Sang it Best…
“Well I know what’s right, I got just one life
in a world that keeps on pushin me around
but I’ll stand my ground
…and I won’t back down”
This is your life, and you have control over it. When things stand in your way, don’t back down! Stand your ground! Keep trying, keep doing, keep moving! There is always a way around every obstacle… around it, through it, over it, or taking a detour away from it. Don’t get discouraged. Things may not always go the way you thought they would, but if you keep focused on the end goal, you’ll get there no matter what route you take. Namaste.
Love is all you need.