8 Amazing ways to Kick Start your Success.
Be more successful and GET MORE out of your life with these simple, tried and true techniques that will actually help you get better results! I use these strategies every day to continuously create the life of my dreams. Do as I do, and you’ll start feeling more amazing about your life today!
- Get a Life Coach. My Coach helped me discover how to love myself more and how to talk better to myself. This is a must for anyone, especially the people who do not think they need it. I used to ‘Be That Person’, and I am much happier with the person I have evolved into because of the life coaching process. I always recommend Tools to Life…it’s FREE and totally life changing!
- Write it down…period. Write everything with your own hand using pen (pencil) and paper. Write down your dreams, your goals, your successes, your to-do lists, your grocery lists, your thoughts and your feelings. Kick start your success with writing!
- How are you defining yourself? You are the person you are today because you are defining yourself that way. You are beautiful, sexy, successful, calm and amazing because you tell yourself that you are these things. Don’t be modest…you are incredible and you should feel great about that! You have full control over who you are. Know with everything in your body that you can RE-define yourself into whoever you want to be right now, and you will do it. See That Girl and then Be That Girl!
- Prioritize! What makes you successful…how will you know when you have succeeded? What do you truly want? You can have it all, but you have to know what all is! When you have absolute clarity about what you want, you will be able to prioritize everything around that. It will become easier to make choices about how you spend your time and your resources when you are focused. NB: Your priorities and wants will change all the time. Be sure you are checking in with yourself every 6 months to ensure that your priorities are in line with what you want. Be selfish. This is YOUR life.
- Be Organized! Clear your mind and allow for an influx of positivity by cleansing your external surroundings. Keep your spaces tidy and organized, and you will feel at ease when you approach new tasks. Plan to organize for 15 minutes. Set a timer and be done when it goes off. Think about leaving every space in the “ready” position. It is so easy to prepare a healthy, meal when the kitchen is clean and you have planned your supper. Bedrooms are more relaxing and inviting when they are neat and the bed is made, and tidy offices will always be more efficient. Break your attachment to things. Simplify as much as possible. Ensure that everything has a place and it will make it easier to put things away, even for children. If you do not have a place for something, you must either get rid of something else, or get rid of that item. Be ruthless with yourself. Your mind will thank you.
- Just do it! And do it NOW! Thinking about doing something is always much more intense than just actually doing it. So, don’t think too much…just do! Consider skydiving, for example. Just the thought of jumping out of an airplane can elicit a panic attack in some people. But let’s just say that one day you wake up on an airplane after being drugged by a super villain and your only escape is out the open door and you happen to have a parachute attached on your back… suddenly skydiving becomes an opportunity, and you might just do it! Consider every opportunity that comes your way, and when it seems right, jump! Get out of your comfort zone and you will grow!
- Do as others have done before you. Look at other people who are already doing exactly what you want to do and model them. Filter the advice you take. Soak up advice from people who have done it before, and be wary of advice given by others who have not.
- ASK for what you want. Have complete faith that the Universe will bring you what you have asked for. Meditate on what you want for 5 minutes every morning. See it, do it!
One of my favorite rock band quotes is from a Trooper song; “If you don’t like what you got, why don’t you change it? If your world is all screwed up, rearrange it!”
You are in control of where you are today, and where you will be tomorrow, so take the reins and make a change right now! I cannot wait to hear about your success, so keep in touch!
Tina O’Connor, BsC Psych.
Whatever you choose to do in your life, do it with passion and focus, and do your best not to get distracted. When you follow your heart, and your gut, you will find the right path.
Once you start walking down your path, you must stay focused on your destination. No need to drop any breadcrumbs, or pebbles. You are not going to need to go back! You’ve got to be all in! See yourself at the end of the path before you get there. Imagine how it feels to be there…to have done it, to have arrived. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it.
Retain your focus, and remember that there will always be distractions and roadblocks set up intentionally to try and force you off your path. Assess everything as it comes up. Distractions can appear to be very exciting, like randomly meeting a rock star at the airport. Beware! This diversion could cause you to miss out on other opportunities that may have been much more valuable in getting you to your destination. Use your intuition, trod valiantly and confidently towards your goal, and have a little fun along the way.
Small steps taken every day will get you there if you are focused, and dedicated to your own success. Get out there and start taking some little action steps today! Be all in to your life! Namaste.
One of the most important Success Laws of our Universe is that what is right now is exactly as it should be. Accept what is today, no matter what the situation is. Just accept it as it is right now.
The next step is to know with every part of your being that you can attract whatever you want to your life. It starts with being aware of the vibrations that you are putting out to the Universe. Be conscious of the energy that you are sending out. If you are worried about a current situation, you will be giving off worried vibes, which can create more of the situation you are worried about. Instead of worrying, focus on the future and all of the amazing feelings you have surrounding the creation your dreams. Do what you need to do right now with pleasure, and send out those amazing positive vibes. You will get back what you send out to the Universe, so make sure you are sending out only good vibrations! Everyday when you wake up, smile at the fact that you woke up and tell yourself that you can handle everything. YOU CAN HANDLE ANYTHING. One of my favorite quotes from this week… “Breathe. The Universe is taking care of everything else.” Have a fantastic week! Namaste.
Hey all you “Be That” Fans! I need your opinion on 5 new book cover designs! I have FREE books and T-shirts to give away for voting!
Click here to go to my Facebook page to cast your vote now. Don’t forget to LIKE my page while you’re there!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your opinions with me 🙂 Hugs and Sunshine from Calgary, Tina O’Connor.
Let me help you find your Successful, Amazing, Unforgettable YOU!
The Best Books on Self Help Encourage you to Reach Out!
There is someone in your life that needs you right now. Reach out to the people around you, and do whatever you can to help them. Sometimes, a phone call or a hug, some ice cream or some flowers, a card or a note can change someone’s day, and even their life. Don’t limit this to the people closest to you. Perhaps there is someone sitting on the outskirts of your life that you had a falling out with, or just someone you haven’t seen in a long time. Now is the time to reach out to them.
This week presented me with an opportunity to make someone smile just a little. This was someone who was previously quite close to me, but due to a large change in her personal life, had ended up skimming the perimeter of my life. I received a phone call from her early one morning, and the phone call did not go well. She was sad and angry, and she lashed out at me. Realizing that she was not in a good place, I decided to take some action. After a quick stop at the grocery store, I arrived at her home with some flowers, some ice cream, and a hug. One of her first comments to me was “It took some guts to come here”. After a quick conversation, lots of tears, and several hugs, any misunderstandings that had been between between us were resolved.
I don’t think what I did took guts. I think it took compassion, and an understanding that her behavior toward me was not personal. I felt an intense desire to help in any way I could. Life is too short to let fear hold you back from doing great things.
Reach out to someone today, even if you are afraid of the response. You may end up pleasantly surprised in the results. Namaste.
Things will happen in your life that upset you. Things will happen that do not feel right, and don’t feel good. Situations will come up that are unexpected, scary, and hard to deal with. One of the hardest things to learn in this life is to let go of your negative feelings about things and situations. Life will get hard and things will always change. You can measure your own success by how quickly you can change the emotion of a situation from negative to positive.
I had the pleasure of meeting an incredible man this weekend. A man who had lost his wife suddenly in the last few weeks. Knowing of his loss, but not knowing him, I expected to meet a broken, sad man. I was wrong. The man I met was a pillar of strength, positivity, and calmness. His smile and his energy said it all. He had made peace with the loss. He had let go of the sadness, and was enjoying every moment of the life that he still vibrantly had, and wanted to shared with everyone around him. His strength made me realize that the recent emotional turmoil I was going through based on a recent change in my own life was simply unnecessary.
Every problem that arises in your life is actually an opportunity. Focus on seeing the positive outcomes of every situation as quickly as possible, and you will be able to turn your negative feelings into positive ones. Do not get stuck in a black hole of self pity. Things happen. You have the ability to control how you react to the situations.
Do not take things personally. EVER. You are amazing. You have the power, the stamina, the strength and the determination to achieve everything you think about. So make sure you think about great things.
Let go of the negative emotion. Grab onto the little threads of positivity all around you and start knitting yourself something. Perhaps you will start with a pair of slippers. Soon, you will have knitted a blanket of positivity that you can wrap yourself and your family in. If you keep pulling in the positive strings, and continue creating positivity, you will be changing the world, one thread at a time.
It’s OK to feel happy, even when bad things happen. Challenge yourself to see the good in EVERY situation. Namaste.
Things that are important to you in your life will always take work. As Doug and the Slug say
“Making it work-Takes a little Longer”
“Making it work-Takes a little Time!”
They are correct, and this applies as much to work as it does to relationships! If you want something to “Work” in your life, you have got to be willing to put in the effort. As one of my coaches, Devlyn Steele (www.toolstolife.com) says, things always take longer, and are harder, than you originally anticipate. Stay focused on your goal, make it work no matter what, and do not get discouraged when it doesn’t go the way you planned. The path to your success may not always “look” the way you originally thought…keep on keeping on and you’ll get there no matter what! Have faith, work hard, stay positive, and SING your way through life. “Makin’ it work…” is in your control. Namaste.
Be That Girl is now available in 2 additional retail locations in Edmonton!
The Beauty Parlour and Chapters West Edmonton Mall
Be Sure to tell your Edmonton friends where to get it!
Be That Girl is also available on Amazon.com for your convenience for those of you not in Calgary or Edmonton. Check it out here! Be That Girl.: Simple Steps to Happiness.