8 Amazing ways to Kick Start your Success.
Be more successful and GET MORE out of your life with these simple, tried and true techniques that will actually help you get better results! I use these strategies every day to continuously create the life of my dreams. Do as I do, and you’ll start feeling more amazing about your life today!
- Get a Life Coach. My Coach helped me discover how to love myself more and how to talk better to myself. This is a must for anyone, especially the people who do not think they need it. I used to ‘Be That Person’, and I am much happier with the person I have evolved into because of the life coaching process. I always recommend Tools to Life…it’s FREE and totally life changing!
- Write it down…period. Write everything with your own hand using pen (pencil) and paper. Write down your dreams, your goals, your successes, your to-do lists, your grocery lists, your thoughts and your feelings. Kick start your success with writing!
- How are you defining yourself? You are the person you are today because you are defining yourself that way. You are beautiful, sexy, successful, calm and amazing because you tell yourself that you are these things. Don’t be modest…you are incredible and you should feel great about that! You have full control over who you are. Know with everything in your body that you can RE-define yourself into whoever you want to be right now, and you will do it. See That Girl and then Be That Girl!
- Prioritize! What makes you successful…how will you know when you have succeeded? What do you truly want? You can have it all, but you have to know what all is! When you have absolute clarity about what you want, you will be able to prioritize everything around that. It will become easier to make choices about how you spend your time and your resources when you are focused. NB: Your priorities and wants will change all the time. Be sure you are checking in with yourself every 6 months to ensure that your priorities are in line with what you want. Be selfish. This is YOUR life.
- Be Organized! Clear your mind and allow for an influx of positivity by cleansing your external surroundings. Keep your spaces tidy and organized, and you will feel at ease when you approach new tasks. Plan to organize for 15 minutes. Set a timer and be done when it goes off. Think about leaving every space in the “ready” position. It is so easy to prepare a healthy, meal when the kitchen is clean and you have planned your supper. Bedrooms are more relaxing and inviting when they are neat and the bed is made, and tidy offices will always be more efficient. Break your attachment to things. Simplify as much as possible. Ensure that everything has a place and it will make it easier to put things away, even for children. If you do not have a place for something, you must either get rid of something else, or get rid of that item. Be ruthless with yourself. Your mind will thank you.
- Just do it! And do it NOW! Thinking about doing something is always much more intense than just actually doing it. So, don’t think too much…just do! Consider skydiving, for example. Just the thought of jumping out of an airplane can elicit a panic attack in some people. But let’s just say that one day you wake up on an airplane after being drugged by a super villain and your only escape is out the open door and you happen to have a parachute attached on your back… suddenly skydiving becomes an opportunity, and you might just do it! Consider every opportunity that comes your way, and when it seems right, jump! Get out of your comfort zone and you will grow!
- Do as others have done before you. Look at other people who are already doing exactly what you want to do and model them. Filter the advice you take. Soak up advice from people who have done it before, and be wary of advice given by others who have not.
- ASK for what you want. Have complete faith that the Universe will bring you what you have asked for. Meditate on what you want for 5 minutes every morning. See it, do it!
One of my favorite rock band quotes is from a Trooper song; “If you don’t like what you got, why don’t you change it? If your world is all screwed up, rearrange it!”
You are in control of where you are today, and where you will be tomorrow, so take the reins and make a change right now! I cannot wait to hear about your success, so keep in touch!
Tina O’Connor, BsC Psych.
Tonight we went out for supper to one of our favorite restaurants. Tuesdays happen to be “Kids Eat Free”, so it was the perfect night to take a night off from cooking dinner at home.
To really enhance this family night out, the restaurant hires a balloon animal maker to entertain the children. Our children waited patiently for “Twisting Tex” to make it to our table. Payton chose a giraffe,and then Kayley chose a mermaid. “Twisting Tex” designed two beautiful masterpieces for the girls. Trinity was anxiously awaiting her turn, when “Twisting Tex” said he had to go to another table who had been waiting and was ready to leave. Trinity looked heartbroken. We explained to her that we still had to eat our dinner, so we would be there for a while and had lots of time, while the other people were on their way out and had been waiting. As promised, “Twisting Tex” did return to our table. He only had time to do a “surprise” for Trinity, and she ended up with a beautiful dolphin. We were his last table. While our girls played with their balloons, I watched the sad eyes of the balloon-less children following “Twisting Tex” as he walked out the door at the end of his shift.
We finished our supper, and suddenly Trinity said “I think this is going to make me feel so good!” She had spotted a young girl who was sitting with her parents, and who was obviously enamored with the balloon animals our girls had gotten. Trinity walked right over and gave that little girl her balloon dolphin. She came back to the table with a huge grin on her face and said “that made me feel so good!”
Make it a priority in your life to be helpful, and giving, to others. What goes around comes around, so when you help others, you are securing future help and gifts for yourself. So be selfish and help others around you starting today! Namaste.
Hey all you “Be That” Fans! I need your opinion on 5 new book cover designs! I have FREE books and T-shirts to give away for voting!
Click here to go to my Facebook page to cast your vote now. Don’t forget to LIKE my page while you’re there!
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your opinions with me 🙂 Hugs and Sunshine from Calgary, Tina O’Connor.
Let me help you find your Successful, Amazing, Unforgettable YOU!
Things that are important to you in your life will always take work. As Doug and the Slug say
“Making it work-Takes a little Longer”
“Making it work-Takes a little Time!”
They are correct, and this applies as much to work as it does to relationships! If you want something to “Work” in your life, you have got to be willing to put in the effort. As one of my coaches, Devlyn Steele (www.toolstolife.com) says, things always take longer, and are harder, than you originally anticipate. Stay focused on your goal, make it work no matter what, and do not get discouraged when it doesn’t go the way you planned. The path to your success may not always “look” the way you originally thought…keep on keeping on and you’ll get there no matter what! Have faith, work hard, stay positive, and SING your way through life. “Makin’ it work…” is in your control. Namaste.
Be That Girl is now available in 2 additional retail locations in Edmonton!
The Beauty Parlour and Chapters West Edmonton Mall
Be Sure to tell your Edmonton friends where to get it!
Be That Girl is also available on Amazon.com for your convenience for those of you not in Calgary or Edmonton. Check it out here! Be That Girl.: Simple Steps to Happiness.
Knowing what you want, and when you want it is the key to your success.
What I want is exemplified by a few simple lyrics in a Queen song…
“I want it all, I want it all,I want it all, and I want it now!”
Funny, but absolutely true. Wanting it all NOW creates an interesting dynamic in my life. The frustration and stress of waiting for the things I want forces me to have more patience, which is something I need to consciously work on everyday. Wanting it all now is also extremely motivating and it inspires me to take actions everyday towards getting what I want. The results are incredible, and usually worth the wait.
Today, I would encourage you to really think about what you want, and when you want it. Realize that you deserve to get everything you want and it is totally in your control to get it all. You may not have full control over when you get it, but the more effort you put in, the quicker it will happen. So, what are you prepared to do to fulfill your dreams in a timely fashion? What are you prepared to give up right now to secure your dreams? Just start doing it and you will amaze yourself in the near future. Action = Results. Go for it! Namaste.
There will be times in your life when you are desperate for answers, or desperate for something to change, or happen. First, you need to write down what it is you need or want. Then, ask the Universe out loud for what you need. Lastly, take action to get what you need and want, but try not to force it. Everything will come, but it will take time.
The Beatles sum up this important point in one of their songs…
“There will be an answer, let it be
Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be”
If you have asked for it, and put things into place to get it, just let it be. Take a breath, relax and feel good that it is all on its way. Let the feelings of frustration and impatience go, and embrace a confident, calm, secure feeling. Trust the Universe. It’s got you covered. Namaste.
The other night, in the midst of a crazy Calgary spring snowstorm, our power went out for 2 hours. Thankfully, the shutdown happened just as we sat down to eat our dinner. Having no power helped me realize how lucky I am to have the everyday luxuries of running water, a heated home, indoor cooking facilities, and lights that can be easily be turned on and off.
Sometimes, it takes going without something to really appreciate the value of having it. When we are used to having things, we tend to forget how much enjoyment and value we get out of them…until they are gone. Today, I would encourage you to write down 3 things that you are thankful to have in your life, and send out a “thank you” to the Universe for providing it. Happy Saturday!
Do what you are good at, and what you enjoy, and ask for help with all the other stuff. Experience true efficiency.
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Kelly Domonceaux! She won my door prize draw for a Complimentary Hair Cut and 3 bottles of eufora organic hair care products. Now this is not just any haircut. It is compliments of my own personal hairdresser, Marissa Sullivan, at Suburbian Hair. Located in Hanson Ranch in NW Calgary, Marissa offers boutique styling and specializes in personalized service. For those of you who are not as lucky as Kelly, feel free to call Marissa at 403-731-1233 to make an appointment.
I always have FREE stuff to give away at my signings, so make sure you come out and see me.
Happy Hump Day!